Tuesday, January 1, 2008

1982 Fort Wayne Regional Championship

Some fun for you sports junkies like me from the Dinosaur Archives


  1. Hilliard Gates is the announcer, also the announcer in the final game of "Hoosiers"
  2. Look for the guy with the Partridge Family haircut and the Chuck Taylor hi-top shoes. I'm #23 in black..
  3. For you football fans, Rod Woodson (#35 in black) is in the NFL Hall of Fame.
  4. This was the Fort Wayne regional final game. Snider HS opened in 1966 and didn't win this regional championship in basketball for 42 years.

We thought we could be the first team to do it in 1982. I was standing right under the basket at the buzzer, the moment of truth on this night.

Can you imagine standing before God at the ultimate moment of truth, when we will find out whether we will experience winning or losing for ever and ever, realizing only then that our entire strategy in our life was the wrong one? I want to know the truth about this moment now - - not only then, when it's too late ....

John 3:36
"Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him."
Mark 8:34-35
"Then he called the crowd to him along with his disciples and said: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me and for the gospel will save it."
Ephesians 2:8-9
"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God not by works, so that no one can boast."
God's Promise to you and me:
Psalm 9:10 Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you.
Jeremiah 29:13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.